Wednesday 4 May 2011

KAPOW





















Also the Mark Millar comic con KAPOW at the start of april was a real blast. It was a high energy mix of games, cosplay, dealers, publishers and small press.









I went with Nye Wright who's just on the edge of getting his 10 year project published. (welsheldorado.com) We were selling small press items Celph for me and special convention version of the first chapters of Atumm. Back to back with sketch book pages. I was quite pleased with the package and wanted to see if it worked. For me, I think, i need more going on in the page - so the next version is going to be bigger. Kapow was great - it atracted a large number of folk who would never normally see small press or some of the the other great publishers inc. selfmadehero.com and cinebooks.co.uk.









We evean had two folk - amazed that we published ourselves and had never even thought of that. "I buy all my comics off amazon..." One guy said as he clutched a pile of Iron made graphic novels under his arm.

No comments: